Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries by Angela Seah Thulin


Few members in my Facebook - Global Dining group have been sharing the new snack that is going on in Singapore Mac Donald now - The sweet potato fries. So I thought i should make some too .. 




I used the sweet potato that has been in my fridge for some time. And to achieve the crispiness, i tried on 3 types of flour. I think cornstarch lasted and was indeed crispy. 

All i did was >>> 

1. Cut the sweet potatoes (do not wash otherwise please pat dry) into strips.
2. Place them into a ziplock bag, add the cinnamon powder and caster sugar in and shake to combine. 
For every 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder, I used 1 tsp caster sugar.
3. Add the cornstarch in and shake to combine. 
Its important that the strips have a thin layer of cornstarch dusting. 
4. In hot oil, i deep fried them first on low heat and then slightly increase to medium heat..  

Done!



Check out my profile -
Join me at Facebook cooking group - Plate & Palate
Facebook - Angela Seah Thulin
Facebook page - Fun @ Sassy's Kitchen
You Tube - Angela Seah 

Google+ https://plus.google.com/108854154044884708244/collections


No comments:

Post a Comment