Woke up, defrosted the chicken thighs but i had no idea how i wanted it to be cooked. So i messaged my husband - chicken curry or herbal chicken? His reply - herbs please.
I wasn't sure i wanted herbal chicken for my dinner though, so i simply cooked it to my own liking :) That's how the dish name come by.
And who doesn't like steamed chicken? Definitely anyone's favorite especially the gravy on the rice ... Mmmm...
3 big chicken thighs
1/2 to 1 tbsp Wolfberries
6 slices of ginger
40 ml hot water
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1.5 tbsp light soya sauce
1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1. Clean the thighs, rub with salt and then rinse away. Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels.
2. Prepare the above sauce into a bowl and then marinate these chicken thighs for at least 2 hours.
3. Place the ginger and scallions on parchment paper then lay the marinated chicken thighs on it follow by wolfberries.
4. Add 40ml water to the marinated sauce, mix well and then pour on top of the chicken thighs. Wrap up.
5. In a wok with boiling water, steam in high heat for 45 mins to an hour or until cooked through. Timing varies - depending on size/thickness of the chicken.
1. My 3 big chicken thighs weighed about 800g.
2. It took me about an hour to steam these.
3. I love can button mushrooms so i added some too.