Tangyuan 湯圓 (usually falls on 22nd December of every year). Though I am in a cold country - Sweden, snow has not fallen yet. Because of this, I have to compensate by creating my own snowmen. How do you like my snowmen Tangyuan??
Recipe (2 servings)
150g Glutinous rice flour
120 - 160ml water
4-5 stalks of pandan leaves
Few slices of ginger
Granulated sugar or orange sugar (to your preference)
*Opt: drops of edible coloring
1. Wash your pandan leaves and tie them together.
2. In a big bowl with glutinous rice flour, add water in slowly and knead them into a smooth dough.
3. Divide the dough equally and add the drops of coloring to it. Knead well to achieve even color. Shape them into your desired pattern.
4. In a pot with water (about 1 litre), add pandan leaves in and bring to a boil. Then add sugar and cook till dissolve.
5. Add the ginger and ready-shape dough in and cook till they float to the top.
Off flames and serve!