Vege Pot Pie (for 2 servings)
70g mushrooms, diced
70g carrots, diced
300g potatoes, diced
3 tbsp plain flour (35g) ...
Some scallions, diced
Few dashes of dried thyme
450ml chicken stock (i use 1 knorr cube)
80ml heavy Cream
1 sheet of store-bought puff pasty
1. In a pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, add the mushroom and cook for a minute.
2. Then add carrots and potatoes and season it with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 - 8 minutes, that the potatoes start to be soft. Keep stirring.
3. Add butter in and stir, once it melts, add the flour in and stir around for a minute to cook down the raw flour taste.
4. Pour the chicken stock in and dashes of dried thyme. Let it come to a boil. Then turn the heat to med-low and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes have slightly soften.
*Preheat your oven to 200degree celsius now (according to the puff pastry instructions)
5. Add the heavy cream in and scallions (salt and pepper to taste) let it cook for another 5-10 minutes in low heat.
6. Cut your puff pastry shape, spread the top with melted butter and sprinkle some dried thyme on it.
7. Brush some melted butter at the sides of your pots. Pour your filling equally into each pie pot, let it cool for a minute then cover them with the puff pastry.
8. Into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the puff pastry turn lightly browned.