650g chicken thigh fillet
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp corn flour
pinch of salt
Caramelized Black Pepper Onion Sauce -
1 onion (about 50g), sliced thinly
3 gloves garlic, minced finely
1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or more)
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Light soy sauce
150ml water or more
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Opt - Cornstarch with water
1. Cut away the fats, keep the skin, wash and pat dry. Then marinate the fillets for few hours.
2. To cook - remove the fillets from fridge to room temperature. In a pan/wok, heat up with some oil and pan fried the fillets with skin side down till cooked. Remove and set aside.
3. Then using the same pan/wok, add oil, saute the minced garlic and sliced onions until softened.
4. Add 1/4 tsp pepper in first, sugar, light soya sauce, water and worcestershire sauce. Taste and adjust the amount of ground pepper accordingly. Stir in cornstarch mixture if needed to thicken the sauce.
4. Add the chicken chops in and cook a while. Dish up and serve.