For 2-3 pax
8 large prawns (with shells on)
2 chinese mushrooms, cut into slices
4 garlic cloves - peeled and smash gently
15g ginger - thumb sized and cut into slices
4 stalks of coriander roots - 5cm stems
5 or more white peppercorn seeds - slightly crushed
150g of soaked drained vermicelli (soaked in water for 5 minutes and drain)
Few sprigs of Chinese celery
Sauce mixture in a bowl -
160 ml homemade chicken broth or low sodium
1 1/2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese wine
1 1/4 tbsp fish sauce (adjust accordingly)
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp dark soy sauce
1. In a bowl, combine the above sauce mixture and then mix it with the ready soaked vermicelli. Set aside.
2. In a wok or claypot, heat up 1.5 tbsp oil over medium heat.
3. When oil is slowly warming up, add mushrooms, garlic, ginger, coriander roots and peppercorn seeds. Stir fry until fragrant. Switch to low heat.
4. Add vermicelli and half of the sauce mixture in. Toss to combine.
5. Lay the prawns on top of the vermicelli. Drizzle the leftover sauce mixture over the prawns. Place chinese celery and coriander on the prawns. Cover and cook at low-medium heat until prawns and vermicelli are cooked.
Garnish and serve immediately!
1. Keep tossing. If the liquid dries up too fast before the ingredients are cooked, add some hot water (or extra broth).
2. I used 160ml with some chicken powder.
Recipe origin: SimplyHer