My son loves these raspberry cookies so much that i had to bake again the very next day :)
Recipe for chocolate cookies, please click the link here - http://platepalate.blogspot.se/2015/12/christmas-swirl-cookies-by-angela-seah.html
320g All purpose flour
220g room temperature unsalted butter
140g granulated sugar
1-2 tsp raspberry emulsion (see below pic)
Some rainbow rice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a baking bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fuffy (about 2 minutes).
2. Add the egg, vanilla extract and raspberry emulsion in - beat till well mixed.
3. Then add the flour in and beat till they are just well combined.
4. Divide the dough into two and place one half of the dough back into the bowl. Add raspberry emulsion and drops of red food coloring in and beat until fully incorporated. Now you have a plain dough and a red dough.
5. Place the two dough on 2 different parchment papers.
Roll the plain dough out individually to 5mm thickness.
Roll the red dough out individually to 5mm thickness.
6. Then take the red dough and place it on top of the plain dough and roll them together like a log. Wrap it up with the parchment paper and freeze it for 25 minutes or until they are firm.
7. When firm, remove from freezer. Open up the parchment paper, scatter rainbow rice on it and then roll your log to get it coated. Rewrap and freeze for another 10-15minutes.
Preheat your oven now to 180 degree celsius.
8. Remove and cut them into 1cm thick. Place them on the baking tray with 5cm apart. Into preheated oven and bake them for about 8-10 minutes or until you see the browning at the cookies edges but still soft in the center of the cookies. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely.
1. I am using the cake flour sifted from the all-purpose flour together with corn flour. http://www.thekitchn.com/the-easy-way-to-make-cake-flour-substitute-baking-tips-from-the-kitchn-44521
2. Every oven's temperature varies. I baked them at 165 degree celsius for 11 minutes.
3. I'm using Wilton sky blue and leafy green coloring for these.
4. If you like to use one recipe but to bake two different colors, divide the dough into 4 portions and each dough will weigh about 182g.
|Packed to give away :)|