Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Stewed potatoes with minced meat and onions by Angela Seah Thulin
With the leftover homemade Teriyaki sauce i had from Sticky Teriyaki Chicken http://platepalate.blogspot.se/2016/01/sticky-teriyaki-chicken-drumsticks-by.html, i tried making a dish that my friend recently shared. Oh.. i love it! Good feedback from my husband and son too.
Recipe origin from Helga - http://platepalate2014.blogspot.se/2016/01/stew-potatoes-with-minced-meat-and.html
3 large potatoes (300g washed & slice)
230g minced pork
1 big yellow onion (170g)
1 tbsp of minced garlic
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Some chopped spring onions or Chinese Parsleys
Marinate the minced pork (for 30 mins) -
1/4 tsp salt
2 dashes of ground pepper
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 full egg
1.5 tbsp potato starch
3-4 tbsp homemade teriyaki sauce or thick teriyaki sauce
1/4 knorr mushroom cube
2 tbsp mirin
Few dashes of black pepper
1. Soak the sliced potatoes in cold water for 10mins, drain/pat dry. Then rub the sliced potatoes with olive oil and air fry for 20 mins at 190 deg cel. Set aside.
2. Heat up wok with oil and stir fry the onions till soft then add garlic and sauté till fragrant.
3. Add minced pork and stir fry till 80% cooked, add potatoes and sauce in, let the sauce come to a boil, cover with lid and turn to medium heat. Simmer for 20 mins or till the potatoes are soft.
Garnish with chopped spring onions or Chinese Parsleys before serve.
1. My friend used 500ml water with 3 tbsp store-bought teriyaki sauce while I used 600ml together with 4tbsp of my homemade teriyaki sauce.
2. As i do not have mushroom seasoning powder, i replaced it with Knorr mushroom cube.