Monday, May 23, 2016
Stir-Fried Udon Noodles by Angela Seah Thulin
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/534406000099331/?type=3&theater
600g Udon noodles
8 prawns, marinate with salt and pepper
2 stalks of scallions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, sliced
Marinate to the meat -
320g chicken meat
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp Feng He light soy sauce
dashes of pepper
bit of sugar if desired
Sauce (in a bowl) -
200ml chicken stock (I used water + 1 tsp chicken powder)
1 tbsp Feng He dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Feng He light soy sauce
1. Cut the meat into slices, marinate and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Soak the Udon with some hot water for 5 minutes. Rinse and then drain well.
3. Pan fried the eggs with some light soy sauce, dish up and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a wok and saute the garlic and shallots till fragrant. Add the chicken meat in and stir fry till cooked. Dish up and set aside.
5. Add Udon in and the sauce to the wok. Toss it with ladle and using a pair of chopsticks in medium heat. Simmer for few minutes for the Udon to absorb the flavours of the sauce.
6. Add the prawns in and after it turns opaque, add back the cooked meat. Toss to mix well.
7. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add soy sauce or salt if needed.
1. You may like to add sugar to the sauce if you are not using Feng He Garden sauces.