Strawberries are an essential part of the Swedish summer, and picking them yourself is a common family activity during late June and July.
Strawberry picking season came early this year though, and we were already able to pick on the 11th of June!
The strawberry field was full of ripe and super sweet strawberries, we could easily fill the basket in only 20 minutes! Good family fun and something I highly recommend you to try if you haven't :)
330g digestive biscuits
120g unsalted butter, melted
200ml heavy cream (36% fat content)
100g milk chocolate
200g dark chocolate
1. Pulse the biscuits using a food processor until finely ground. Transfer the crumbs to a big bowl, add in the melted butter and mix until combined and moistened.
2. Press the mixture onto a loose-bottomed 23cm tart pan. Freeze the tart while you prepare the rest.
3. Prepare/Cut the strawberries.
4. In a small pot, bring the heavy cream to a low boil. Remove from heat and pour mixture over the chocolate. Stir the mixture until melted and smooth.
5. Pour the mixture over the chilled crust, top with strawberries and refrigerate until set. At least 4 hours.
1. Alternative biscuits - Oreo cookie works well too but reduce the butter to 110g.