Sunday, July 03, 2016
Mapo Tofu by Angela Seah Thulin
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/551120011761263/?type=3&theater
180g minced beef/pork
1 block of fresh tofu
2 garlic, minced
300ml chicken stock
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp Feng He black bean sauce
1 tbsp lao gan ma chilli
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour + 1 tbsp water
salt & pepper to taste
opt - 50g onions, diced
scallions to garnish
1. In a pan with some oil, add the minced pork and halfway through, season it with salt and pepper. Then add the minced garlic in. Stir fry to mix well. Add onions now if you like.
2. Add light soya sauce, black bean sauce and the chilli sauce. Mix well.
3. Add the chicken stock in. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust accordingly now.
5. Thicken the sauce by adding the cornflour mixture and stir.
6. Add the tofu in, gently stir to mix in and off flames.
Garnish with scallions. Done!
1. I used water + 1/4 chicken cube to replace the chicken stock.
2. I used two tubes of egg tofu instead (each weigh at 100g).