Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233719563501311.1073741831.233664896840111/594883237384940/?type=3&theater
Makes about 15 - 20 pcs
50g unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp sugar
75g all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
40ml heavy cream (36% fat content)
*Using double boiled method, melt the chocolate first and then pour the heavy cream in. Stir to mix well and set it aside to cool.
Preheated oven - 180 degree celsius
1. In a saucepot, add the butter, water, milk, salt and sugar in. Cook until butter melted in medium heat.
2. After butter melted, let it come to a gentle boil, switch to low heat then add the flour in. Quickly stir the mixture vigorously until a smooth paste is formed. About a few minutes of stirring. Remove from heat, set aside and leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
3. Using the electric beaters, beat the eggs in one a time until the paste turn glossy and smooth.
4. Transfer the paste to a piping bag with a round tip.
5. Gently touch the top of each choux bun with a wet finger.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. The choux buns should puff up, looking crisp and in golden color when cooked. Set aside to cool.
7. Prick the base of the profiteroles with a chopstick and pipe the chocolate ganache in.
1. You may use any filling for this recipe too eg. Chantilly cream (heavy cream whip with sugar and vanilla extract).
|Gently touch the top of each choux bun with a wet finger|
|If you bake your profiteroles right, there should be basically nothing inside|