What is Bubur Hitam? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubur_ketan_hitam
Serves 3-4 rice bowl
3 pandan leaves, tied
200g glutinous black rice (premium quality)
5.5 cups water water
1 round block of gula melaka
Few tbsp of granulated sugar
Some coconut milk (I used Kara brand)
Pinch of salt
1) Wash the rice till run clean and soak for an hour.
2) In a pot with boiling water, place the pandan leaves and washed rice in. Let it come to a boil.
3) Then lower the flames and let it simmer till liquid turn creamy, rice is soft yet with a bite to the grain. About 50 minutes to an hour. Stir once a in while.
4) Add sugar and gula melaka in, adjust taste accordingly and keep stirring till suagr dissolve.
5) Then in another pot, pour coconut milk in and let it come to a gentle boil and add salt to it. Set aside.
6) To serve - drizzle coconut milk on it.
7) Any balance, pour on popsicle container and freeze it.
1. Because i did not soak my glutinous rice so it took me about an hour to get it cooked despite using Le Creuset pot.
2. I boiled with 5 cups of water first. The other 0.5 cup water was added a while later.