For other macaron recipes: https://www.facebook.com/pg/sassyangelakitchen/photos/?tab=album&album_id=524549714418293
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.524549714418293.1073741848.233664896840111/524546754418589/?type=3&theater
45g egg white
50g caster sugar
50g almond powder
60g icing sugar
6g purple sweet potato powder
40g unsalted butter
8g icing sugar
10g purple sweet potato powder
black sesame seed
1. Sieve the ingredients (B) in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In another big mixing bowl, whisk the ingredients (A) till stiff peak. Then in 3 additions - add the (B) in and fold them in one direction. Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a piping bag. Pipe the macarons in a baking paper with 3.5cm circles. Then tap the baking sheet gently a few times to break any air bubbles that could have been formed.
4. Let the macarons sit for 15-20 mins (depending on the temperature and humidity of your kitchen) or until the top of the macarons are no longer tacky.
5. Preheat the oven to 190-200degree celsius.
6. Turn off the oven and place the macarons in with your pair of gloves leaving a gap at the oven door. Leave it inside for 6 mins.
7. On the oven temperature to 130-140 degree celsius, close the oven door and bake for 15 mins.
8. Turn off the oven and continue to leave the macarons inside for 6-10mins.
9. Mix the filling together and pipe in between the macarons.
Recipe origin: PurpleYamMacarons