This special day is the best day to show love to our Dads and our appreciation for what they are; the best Dads in the world. We wouldn't be in this world without our fathers and they have provided us many things from the clothes on our backs to useful tips about life. They have always been the reliable men in our lives. There are so many things you could do to celebrate Father's day, a cake, a card or a dinner together.
I am baking this chocolately cake as a token of appreciation to my lovely Dad. Without him, there would be NO me. He has been such a wonderful Dad to me all these years!
Hereby, wishing all daddies in Singapore a very Happy Father's Day - 19th June 2016!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.469362976603634.1073741842.233664896840111/545058179034113/?type=3&theater
For the 15 cm cake -
3 large eggs
140g room temperature butter, cut into cubes
70g brown sugar
90g granulated sugar
70g plain flour
35g cocoa powder
1 tbsp vanilla essence
265g bittersweet chocolate
170ml heavy cream (36% fat content)
Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius.
1. In your mixing bowl, sieve the plain flour and cocoa powder. Add the salt, eggs, vanilla essence, sugar, butter - whisk altogether for 2-3mins or until well corporated.
2. Divide batter (about 185g each) among 3x15cm pans. Bake for about 14-18 minutes or toothpick inserted center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto racks and allow to cool completely.
3. Bring cream to a simmer and then remove from heat. Pour the cream onto the chocolate. Let it sit for a minute and then stir to mix well.
4. Assemble the cake - sandwich the layers together with just a little of the ganache. Pour the rest over the cake letting it fall down the sides and smoothing to cover with a paletter knife. Chill the cake until ganache is firm, about an hour or have it straight away.
1. I'm using 15cm disposable aluminum pan.
2. I used Hershey dark cocoa powder.