Monday, June 27, 2016
Mango Coconut Agar Agar by Angela Seah Thulin
For mango lovers this is definitely going to be a treat, just make sure that you use ripe mangoes for the best flavour.
Agar-agar, a vegetarian gelatin substitute, is very rich in fiber and best of all it is low on calories. Best for making dessert, just omit sugar and use any low calorie sweetener to prepare a healthier dessert.
It's 24 degrees in Sweden! Let's have a cooling dessert!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233719563501311.1073741831.233664896840111/548836911989573/?type=3&theater
250g Mango (puree)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/4 cups water
2 tsp agar agar powder
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
1 tsp agar agar powder
4 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup coconut milk
1. Using a blender, puree the mango and orange juice until smooth.
2. In a small pot, add water and agar agar powder in. Cook and stir till powder has dissolved. Bring it to a boil. Then add sugar and the mango puree in and stir till well mixed. Adjust the sweetness to your preference.
3. Pour the mixture into a mould. Add mango cubes and mint leaves if you like. Chill it or allow the surface to set and no longer moves when you jiggle it.
1. In a small pot, combine the water and agar agar powder, cook and stir till powder dissolved. Bring it to a boil.
2. Add the sugar, salt and stir until dissolved. Add the coconut milk in, stir to mix well and remove from heat.
3. Pour this onto the mango layer gently (if you pour too hard, it might break or cause dents in the mango layer).
4. Refrigerate for hours until cold. Serve!
Recipe origin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_u21ZAAQuo