Not sure if you are in the mood for vanilla or chocolate cake? Why not make a cake with both?! Try baking this and you will know how moist and delicious this pound cake is!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.469362976603634.1073741842.233664896840111/562487227291208/?type=3&theater
140g semi sweet chocolate, break into pieces
290g plain flour, sieved
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
160g unsalted butter, room temperature
200g granulated white sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
80ml sour cream
120ml milk, room temperature
120ml heavy cream
Butter or spray your bundt or tube pan.
1. Using double boil method, melt the chocolate. Remove from heat and set aside to room temperature.
2. In a bowl, combine the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a clean whisking bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Then gradually add the sugar in and continue whisking till the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs in one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5. Add the vanilla essence and sour cream in and whisk till combined.
6. Add the flour in by 3 additions and the milk in by 2 additions. Beat till its just combined. Do not overbeat.
7. Separate the batter into two equal portions or one of the portions slightly more. Add the cooled melted chocolate to one of the portions. Mix well gently.
8. Scoop the batter to the bundt pan by alternating spoonfuls of vanilla batter with chocolate batter.
9. Use a chopstick or skewer, gently draw swirls through batter to marbleize it.
10. Bake in preheated oven 180degree celsius for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
11. Ganache - In a small sauce pot, bring heavy cream to a simmer and then remove from heat. Pour the cream onto the chocolate. Let it sit for a minute and then stir to mix well. Ladle the ganache over cooled cake.
This cake is best the day its bake.
1. Every oven's temperature varies. I baked at 160degree celsius for 50 minutes.
2. My chocolate batter weighs 550g (after adding melted chocolate).
3. Recipe call for 250g sugar but I reduced by 50g.
Recipe origin: Joy of Baking