Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233719563501311.1073741831.233664896840111/565192030354061/?type=3&theater
3 egg whites (100g)
100g granulated white sugar/caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp peppermint essence
Opt - food coloring
1. In a clean metal bowl with mixer, beat the egg whites on low-medium speed until foamy. Then add the cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks.
2. Add the sugar gradually and continue beating in medium speed until it forms stiff peaks. Add the peppermint essence (and food coloring if desired) and quick whisk. Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
3. Transfer the meringue into pastry bag and pipe on baking paper. Alternatively, you may wish to use two spoons (if you add chocolate chips) onto the baking paper.
4. Bake at preheated oven 95degrees celsius for 1 1/2 hours or more. Turn off the oven, open the door ajar (I used my baking glove and placed it at the oven door) and leave it to dry for hours.
1. I baked them for 1 3/4 hours rotating the tray after half time.