Mango sticky rice - a traditional Thai dessert made with glutinous rice, fresh sweet mango and coconut milk. This is one of my top favorites that is a MUST for me to buy whenever I am in Bangkok or transit any flight via Bangkok airport. At least two boxes each time!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233719563501311.1073741831.233664896840111/554584138081517/?type=3&theater
2 ripe mango
180g glutinous rice
200ml coconut cream
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame seeds
Opt - pandan leaves
1. Rinse and soak the glutinous rice for at least 3 hours.
2. Pour the coconut cream into a small saucepot, add the salt, sugar and pandan leaves. Simmer with low heat until sugar melted. Set aside.
3. Steam the glutinous rice in high heat for 25 minutes.
4. Scoop the rice to a big bowl and fluff the rice with almost half of the coconut cream. Mix well.
5. Assemble and serve with mango. Topped with toasted sesame seeds and balance coconut cream.
1. I used 2.5tbsp of sugar.
|Toast the sesame seeds|