If you love wanton soup, do give this recipe a try!
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/553821761491088/?type=3&theater
100g Napa cabbage, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sesame oil
200g minced pork or beef
18g scallions, chopped finely
70g prawns, diced (about 4-5)
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp sesame oil
3/4 - 1 tsp salt
1 packet wonton skin (200g)
Optional - 2 to 3 chinese mushrooms, soaked and diced
1. Napa cabbage - use only the white part of the cabbage. Dice them up, add 1/2 tsp salt to it (this will help to dry up the water) and set it aside for 30 minutes. After that, drain the water and add 1/2 tsp sesame oil to it, mix well and set aside.
2. Slice the prawns into half then diced them.
3. In a big bowl, add the minced pork, tapioca flour, water, sesame oil and salt. Mix them well. Then add napa cabbage, scallions and prawns in. Mix all well.
4. And wrap.
For a simple soup base (or use your own stock) -
1. Cook the wontons in a pot of boiling water. Boil for at least 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a pot, add some olive oil and some cut scallions (3cm long) in. Cook for few seconds in medium heat, then add water in and it come to a boil. Add some chicken powder and salt to taste. Pour this soup into the cooked wontons, white pepper to taste and garnish with more chopped scallions.
1. Leftover wontons - freeze in a single layer and when frozen, put them into a bag and keep it in the freezer. To cook frozen wonton, simply cook them in boiling water/stock FROZEN.