Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233724286834172.1073741832.233664896840111/585048285035102/?type=3&theater
350g Penne pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large red bell pepper (sliced)
2 medium-large yellow onion (sliced),
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1/2 cup heavy cream (36% fat content)
3 tbsp basil pesto sauce
50g Parmigiano reggiano
salt and pepper to taste
reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water or more
1. Cook the pasta with salt and some olive oil until al dente. Drain and set aside. Reserving about 1/2 cup pasta water.
2. In a large pan, add the 3 tbsp of olive oil and cook the onions and bell pepper with some salt for about 10 minutes in medium heat (until the onions cooked down).
3. Then add the minced garlic in and cook for another one minute. Keep stirring. Pour the heavy cream and add the tomatoes in. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to low and cook for 5-8 minutes.
4. Add the pesto sauce and 1/4 cup of pasta water in, mix well. Turn to medium heat, add the penne in, mix well, top with Parmigiano and cook until the sauce slightly thickens.
Done and serve!
Recipe origin: Laura Vitale
1. I seasoned chicken breast meat with salt and pepper and pan fried them for few minutes. Dish up and set aside. And I added it in at steps 3.
|This is without chicken breast meat|