Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.328444387362161.1073741841.233664896840111/627316517474945/?type=3&theater
Please watch the video before attempting this recipe! Tapioca Coconut Cookies
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 stalks of pandan leaves, wash and knot
1 egg yolk (from a large egg)
260g tapioca starch flour (and more)
1. In a pot combine the coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaves and cook for 25 minutes in medium heat until it turns into thick yet syrupy consistency.
2. Leave it to cool to room temperature (lukewarm) and then stir in the egg yolk. Mix well.
3. In a big mixing bowl with tapioca starch flour, pour the liquid in and knead to combine.
4. Cover the dough with cling wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 175 degree celsius
5. Shape the dough into individual small balls.
6. Place the balls on parchment paper and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe origin: Tapioca Coconut Cookies
1. This tastes just like Kueh Bangkit but on a firmer texture.
2. I used Kara coconut milk 200ml packet form.
3. I used more 260g flour as my dough was quite sticky.
4. Add bit by bit of water if your dough is too dry.
|Mix the coconut liquid into the flour|
|Cover with cling wrap and rest for 30 minutes.|