Herbal Emperor Chicken 药材皇帝鸡 (using own ingredients)
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233714530168481.1073741830.233664896840111/389960977877168/?type=3&theater
3 big chicken thighs
Bei Qi 北芪 10g
Red dates 红枣 5 or more
Dang Gui 当归 5g
Yu Zhu 玉竹 15g
Gou Qi Zi 枸杞子 2 tbsp
Dang Shen 党参 2 long strips
花雕洒 hua tiao jiu 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper - rub on thighs
|These are the herbs to use|
1. Rinse all the herbs together once.
2. In a bowl, with the clean herbs and 300ml water put to steam in ready boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Rinse and rub the chicken thighs with abit of salt and pepper.
4. In an aluminum foil, place the thighs in, the steamed herbs and the water in it. And also drizzle the hua tiao jiu on top. Wrap it up.
5. In ready boiling water - steam these for 2 hours in high heat.