Monday, August 07, 2017
Florentine Cookies by Angela Seah Thulin
Addictive Chinese New Year snack!! In fact, it is so easy to make that you can have it anytime...
100g florentine powder
110g almond flakes
60g pumpkin seed
30g black sesame seed
120g dried cranberry
Preheat oven to 170-190 degree celsius
1. In a big bowl, mix well all the above ingredients together.
2. Line 9 x 10 baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Pour the mixture on the baking tray. Spread it out evenly and flatten it thinly making sure all nuts are coated with florentine powder too.
4. Bake at 170 degree celsius between 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven, let it rest for 15 seconds and use pizza cutter to slice the cookie while it is still hot.
6. Set aside for it to cool down before storing in airtight container.
1. Do not leave the florentine mixture/powder exposed (SG weather humidity) and it may turn lumpy and the sugar to melt.
2. Every oven temperature varies.