100g glutinous rice flour...
100g tapioca starch
70ml coconut milk, I use kara
125ml water, estimated
150g sugar or more, adjust accordingly
130ml coconut milk, kara
100ml water or more, adjust accordingly
Pandan leaves (optional)
1. Cut the yam into cubes and steam for 20minutes.
2. Mashed the yam thoroughly and add glutinous rice flour and tapioca starch in. Knead in.
3. Add 70ml coconut milk to the mashed yam and knead and slowly add water to the yam and mix together to form into a non-stick dough. I used about 125ml water.
4. Then roll them into balls. In a pot of boiling water - add these yam balls in and let it cook (4-5minutes) till float. Once the balls float, let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile with another pot - add in (B), which is the coconut milk, water, pandan leaves and sugar to gently let it boil. I added 100ml water so that it won't be so thick. But it's entirely up to you. Off flames.
6. Scoop the ready boiled yam balls over to this pot of coconut milk.