This is a very easy recipe. You could even use this recipe on any other flavors you like. Actually my swiss roll is supposed to be in black. I wasn't prepared to bake but since I bought a new flavor oil essence from a baking store here in Sweden and also a small bottle of black food coloring, i went ahead with it. But somehow the coloring turned out to be grey. I'm getting anxious as i need black color to bake a cake for my son. I thought grey looks ugly but my son finished the whole roll leaving us the front and last piece!
Mango-Lime Swiss roll
(trying on colors & new flavor from a Sweden brand)
Part (A) - filling
180ml of heavy cream
2 - 2.5 tbsp of granulated sugar
Few drops of mango-lime essence or 1 tsp other flavoring
*Whisk till creamy (3-4mins) and chill in fridge.
3 med egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar
45ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence or similar flavor as above
60g cake flour, sieve
3 med egg white
2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of cornflour
*In a clean metal bowl, whisk the egg white till soft peak then add sugar n continue whisking. Add pinch of corn flour and whisk till stiff peak formed. Set aside.
1. Do Part A first, then chill.
2. Part (B) - Whisk the egg yolks n sugar till frothy. Then add water, vegetable oil, vanilla essence n whisk till mixed. Add the sifted cake flour and whisk till well-mix (will look runny).
3. Then do Part (C)
*Preheat your oven now at 170degree celsius.
4. In 3 additions - take the part (C) and FOLD in to Part (B) till well-combined. Add coloring and gently fold in again.
5. Pour onto a 10x10 baking tray lined with baking paper. Into the oven and bake for 14mins.
6. Dust some icing powder on the top. Roll it tightly and let the paper wrapped with it. Chill/let it be till cooled.
7. Release the roll, spread filling on it and roll the same way again. Back to the fridge to chill before you cut.