Chicken à la King is a dish cooked with diced chicken and mushroom together with dry sherry and milk - served over farmer bread. Another dish that you should try! All you need is just 20-25 minutes to cook this!
Servings-4 slices of bread
2 cup of cremini mushrooms (quartered it)
2 cup of chicken breast meat (diced it)
2 tbsp of flour
2-3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup of dry sherry
1 clove of garlic (diced)
1 tsp of dried thyme
1/2 tsp of oregano
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp of Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Farmer Bread (loaf)
Scallions to garnish
1. Extra Virgin olive oil into pan on medium to high heat, follow by quartered mushrooms in and garlic.
2. Add thyme, oregano, sauté together
3. Add in cold butter, sauté for abt 30 secs.
4. Add in breast meat n little bit of salt n pepper, taste and adjust accordingly. Cook until it turn opaque / couple of mins.
5. Next, add all-purpose flour, stir around till all evenly coated n cook till raw flour smell is gone.
6. Deglaze the pan by pouring dry sherry in. Cook for abt 1-2 mins on high heat.
7. Pour in cold milk, cook for another couple of mins. Gravy should thicken after this.
While waiting - cut your loaf into few big slices, spread some olive oil on top, then into the oven at 250'C for abt 6 mins (everyone's oven temp is diff) or toaster until golden brown crispy at sides.
Last, scoop the chicken n mushrooms gravy onto the crispy bread, garnish with scallions. Serve hot. Enjoy!