Monday, January 11, 2016
Chicken pot pie by Angela Seah Thulin
150g carrots, diced
170g yellow onions, diced
350g chicken breast meat, diced (bite-sized)
1/4 tsp of dried thyme
700ml chicken stock (or water with 1 knorr chicken cube or 1/2 tsp chicken powder)
100ml white wine
1 tbsp heavy Cream
3/4 tsp salt
Few dashes of ground pepper
2 tbsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
1 sheet of store-bought puff pasty
Egg yolk (for egg wash on pastry)
Rinse and dice the chicken breast meat and season with salt and pepper.
1. In a pot over medium heat, add the butter and cook the breast meat till it turn opaque. Then add the carrots and onions in and let it cook till carrot has soften.
2. Season it with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Stir to mix well. Add the white wine in and let it cook for a minute.
3. Pour the chicken stock in and dried thyme. Let it come to a boil. Then turn the heat to med-low and let it cook for 5-10minutes.
4. Pour in the heavy cream, stir to mix. Taste and adjust accordingly.
*Preheat your oven to 200degree celsius now (according to the puff pastry instructions)
5. Pour in the corn flour mixture and stir as you pour. Let it come to boil for 2 minutes.
6. Cut your puff pastry shape, place it on top of your ramekins and egg wash it. Into the oven and bake as per the puff pastry package instructions.