3 big chicken thighs
3.5 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
1-2 star anise
Some dark soya sauce (about 3 tbsp, I'm using Lee Kum Kee)
3/4 tsp five-spice powder
dashes of pepper
30g garlic, peeled
1 crystal sugar
1 can of button mushroom
1/2 tbsp chicken powder
Optional - hard boiled eggs
1. Rub the chicken thighs with salt, rinse and then season with bit of salt and pepper.
2. In a pot or wok with some oil, pan seared the chicken thigh both sides. Add 3 tbsp dark soya sauce in and continue to brown the chicken thighs.
3. Add water in, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, five spice powder, chicken powder, garlic, crystal sugar and can of mushroom. Stir to mix well. Taste and adjust accordingly.
4. Let it come to boil then lower the heat to simmer until all thighs are cooked and tender.
5. Assemble with your desired noodles.
|Goes with well with this chilli|