200g all-purpose flour, sift
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
250g ripe bananas (about 2-3)
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
60g chocolate chips
Opt - pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius
1. Grease your loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl - mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl - mash your bananas with a fork, add the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla essence and water in. Use a balloon whisker and whisk them together.
4. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) in and stir in gently with balloon whisker. Once incorporated, stop. Then add chocolate chips and nuts in and fold gently in one direction.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let it cool completely, cling wrap it and best to have it next day.
1. Use overly ripe bananas are the best.
2. Cover with aluminum foil when it has browned to your desire color. Mine was covered after 30 minutes.3. Every oven's temperature varies. I baked mine at 165 degree celsius for 60mins.