Tangyuan 湯圓 traditionally served during the Winter Solstice festival (冬至) - usually falls on 21st or 22nd December of every year.
Recipe link (servings 1-2) -
150g Glutinous rice flour
100 - 130ml water
4-5 stalks of pandan leaves
Few slices of ginger
Orange or brown sugar (to your preference)
*Opt: drops of edible coloring
1. Wash your pandan leaves and tie them together.
2. In a big bowl with glutinous rice flour, add water in slowly and knead them into a smooth dough.
3. Divide the dough equally and add the drops of coloring to it. Knead well to achieve even color. Shape them into small balls.
4. In a pot with water (about 1 litre), add pandan leaves in and bring to a boil. Then add sugar and cook till dissolve.
5. Add the ginger and ready balls in and cook till they float to the top.
Off flames and serve!