Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/sassyangelakitchen/photos/a.233724286834172.1073741832.233664896840111/621488008057796/?type=3&theater
1 whole chicken (about 1.1kg)
25g unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsp herbs de provence
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
1. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, herbs de provence, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
2. Stuff the mixture under the skin of the chicken between the breast and skin for both sides. Remaining mixture - rub it inside the cavity. Add some herbs de provence and garlic salt into the cavity too. Tie the chicken legs together.
3. Drizzle some olive oil to the roasting pan. Add the cut potatoes in, drizzle some salt and pepper, give it a toss together and push the potatoes to the sides of the pan. Arrange the onions in the middle of the pan.
4. Place the chicken on top of the onions, tuck the wings under and sprinkle generous amount of salt, pepper and herbs de provence on the surface/around the chicken.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, rotate the pan, cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degree celsius.
Rest the chicken for at least 10 minutes before carving.
1. A 1.1kg chicken, I baked them for 1 hour 20 minutes only.