I saw this recipe online with the below description -
Creamy bacon mushroom thyme chicken is honestly one of the best skillet meals you will ever make! Tender chicken in creamy sauce with bacon, mushroom and herbs... The flavor is out of this world!
Would you try??? I did! And we LOVE it!
3-4 chicken thighs
2 tsps herbs de provence
salt and pepper
For the sauce -
220g cremini or white button mushroom, sliced
7 slices of bacon, cut and cooked
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius
1. Rub the chicken thigh with herbs de provence, salt and pepper.
2. In an oven proof skillet, sear the chicken thighs until brown about 1-2 minutes each side.
3. Into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
4. Remove chicken thighs from skillet. In the same skillet, cook the bacon until brown. Then remove the bacon from skillet and set aside. Drain the oil and leave about 1 tbsp of oil in it.
5. Cook the mushrooms until soft. Add the cooked bacon back in, add heavy cream, salt, dried thyme, pepper and garlic powder. Bring it to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Add back the chicken thighs and cook it for another 2 minutes.
Video link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRJGONSbd2o