Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/platepalate/permalink/872788919442076/
180g sugar or more (adjust accordingly)
40ml fresh lemon juice
1. Wash, remove stem of strawberries and cut them into small pieces.
2. In a pot, cook the strawberries with sugar and lemon in medium heat until sugar dissolved.
3. Then turn to high heat and let it boil/bubble fiercely and temperature to reach 220degree, I cooked for about 20mins and off the flame. Stir occasionally.
4. Let it cool then store in container and into fridge. Drain to remove pups if desired. #Strawberry
Facebook link for Strawberry ice-cream -
200g sugar ...
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt (must!)
240ml milk (semi-skimmed milk 1.5%)
480ml heavy cream (36% fat)
1. Freeze your whisk attachment and mixing bowl for about 15 minutes or more.
2. Wash and cut the strawberries stem away. Then blend the strawberries and sugar together.
3. Pour the purée strawberry into the cold mixing bowl. Add salt, vanilla extract, milk and heavy cream. Whisk till it become a little thick like creamy.
4. Pour into a container.
5. Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight until firm. Give a stir at every 2hrs and do this 2-3 times.
*Use deep red strawberries otherwise u probably hv to use coloring to enhance).
*I think it's abit too creamy taste. But it goes very well with my strawberry jam. Will try to reduce the heavy cream next round. #Strawberry
Using the fresh plucked strawberries, i made them into all kind of varities..