Sunday, December 14, 2014
Chocolate Mantou by Angela Seah Thulin
Recipe link -
1/2 tbsp yeast...
75ml warm water (in microwave for 30secs)
1/2 tsp sugar
250g Bao flour or
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons oil
Pinch of salt
4-5 tbsp water
1 tsp water
3/4 tbsp cocoa powder (sieve)
1. Combine the part (A) in a bowl. Stir to mix well. Set aside for 20 minutes. The yeast mixture will rise and becomes foamy.
2. Stand mixer - In a mixing bowl, add part (B) and the ready yeast mixture using low speed n combine them together forming a nice dough or knead it by hand.
3. Divide the ready dough into two.
4. One of the dough back into the mixer, add part (C) in and on low speed to combine them together or knead it by hand.
5. Place the ready dough at a warm place to proof for 45 mins covering with a damp cloth.
6. Remove and use a rolling pin to flatten each dough to a rectangular shape.
7. Place the white dough below, brush with some water and at all sides too. Ensure you brush sufficient water at whole surface.
8. Then lay the Choco dough on top of the white dough. Brush the Choco dough with some water and at all sides. Ensure you brush sufficient water at whole surface.
9. Roll them up tightly (this way, it will not spilt open while steaming) and seal both end.
10. Cut the dough into your preferred sizes. Steam for 12-15 mins line with baking sheet or parchment paper below in high heat.
To freeze: finish the whole procedure here, let the mantou cool completely, then into the freezer. Steam again when you want to consume. Enjoy!