I baked this log cake for my Swedish teacher (Ms. Mirjana Westermark) as a token of appreciation for all the patience while teaching me Swedish (12 Dec 2014). Such design is uncommon in Sweden. Swedish do not celebrate their Christmas with log cake instead they celebrate with saffron buns and gingerbread.
Recipe link -
White Chocolate bar, shredded by potato shredder
opt* Coloring (brown)
Part (B) - filling
450ml of heavy Cream
5 tbsp of granulated sugar
2 tsp cocoa powder, sieve
*Whisk the heavy cream & sugar till trails formed/creamy (3-4mins). Then scoop about half of it out and fold/whisk some more cocao powder (1tbsp) n coloring if desire then scoop it into a piping bag and let it chill in fridge. The other half - let it just chill in fridge for spreading as filling.
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar (30g)
45ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cocoa powder, sieve
60g cake flour, sieve
3 egg white
2 tbsp sugar (30g)
1/4 tsp of cornflour
*In a clean metal bowl, whisk the egg white till soft peak then add sugar n continue whisking. Add the corn flour and whisk till stiff peak formed. Set aside.
1. Do Part B first
2. Part (C) - Whisk the egg yolks n sugar till fluffy. Then add water, vegetable oil, vanilla essence n whisk till mixed. Add the sifted cake flour and cocoa powder to it and whisk till well-mix (will look runny).
3. Then do Part (D)
*Preheat your oven now at 170degree celsius.
4. In 3 additions - take the part (D) and FOLD in to Part (C) till well-combined.
5. Pour onto a 10x10 baking tray lined with baking paper. Into the oven and bake for 14mins.
6. Dust some icing powder on the top. Roll it tightly and let the paper wrapped with it. Let it be for few mins or till cooled. I put in freezer for 15mins.
7. Release the roll, spread filling on it and roll the same way again. Make sure it's cooled.
8. Pipe your exterior design as you like. Back into the fridge to chill before you cut.