Recipe link -
135g powder sugar
70g almond flour
4 tbsp fine sugar
2 medium size egg whites
1) In a clean metal mixing bowl, add the egg whites in. Then in two additions (sugar), gradually add sugar in and whisk till foamy. Add your desired coloring (I'm using Wilton - Sky Blue). Continue whisking until stiff peak formed.
2) In another clean dry bowl, sieve the dry ingredients - almond flour and icing sugar together. Set aside.
3) Then in 3 additions, add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture (aka meringue). When folding, cut through the meringue and then fold up and over, making sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl too.
4) Pour the mixture into a piping bag.
5) Pipe the macarons in a baking paper with 3.5cm circles. Then tap the baking sheet on the table a few times to break any air bubbles that could have been formed.
6) Let the macarons sit for 30-45mins (depending on the temperature and humidity of your kitchen) or until the top of the macarons are no longer tacky.
7) Bake the macarons in preheated oven at 125degree C. for 15-18mins.
8) Let the macarons cool completely and assemble them with your favorite filling. Macarons are to be matured in the fridge for a day or two and best served in room temperature.