Recipe link -
750g of Potatoes - remove skin, slice and weigh...
6 Sprigs of fresh Thyme
4 Sage Leaves
1 Clove of garlic
3 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
40g of Unsalted Butter
1 & 1/2 cups of Whole Milk
1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
150g Gruyere Cheese, weigh then grate
Salt and Pepper to taste (I use 1/2tsp salt)
1) Preheat oven to 200degree celsius, grease your baking dish with little butter and set aside.
2) In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat then add the flour in and stir together for about a minute.
3) Pour the milk, heavy cream, thyme, sage and garlic in and bring it to gentle simmer. Add salt and pepper too. Then add potatoes in and cook till gentle boil. Remove from flames. Remove the garlic, sage, thyme and discard.
4) Place your potato slices evenly in your baking dish. Pour the cream sauce all over the potatoes then cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40-50 minutes @ 200degree celsius.
5) Remove foil, scatter the Gruyere cheese all over the top and back into the oven for another 12-15 minutes or until cheese turn golden brown.